Sunday 18 September 2011

Sun, Bridges and Dali

Bridges, Sun and Dali
(Sunday 18th September 2011 written on same day)

Today was officially a day off. I walked south to Rechnoi Vakhsa (River Station). It was a beautiful day again. I didn't see anything to indicate the temperature, but I'm sure it was over 20 deg C. The River Ob is very wide. It is spanned by a road bridge, a metro bridge and a railway bridge. There is a park and amusement park along the river bank and I spent some of the time trying to read the various signs. Sometimes I succeeded, sometimes I didn't.





The city art museum is a very short distance away. In the afternoon I went to went to an exhibition of Salvador Dali lithographs. I like Dali pictures, but they don't make any more sense to me with Russian captions!

On the way home from the exhibition I noticed a travel agent listing places the could fly you to from Novosibirsk. Here's the list in English: Egypt, Tunisia, Greece, Spain, Italy, Goa, China, Cyprus, Indonesia, Thailand, Turkey, Cuba. Russians like the sun too!



When I'd returned from Dali, I finished off the homework exercises. First, questions on a short story (eg "Whose wife is a good cook?", "Who are Natasha and Julias parents?", "Who studies physics at university?". Then I have to compose a number of sentences about my own family. Not very exciting, but I can see that it serves a useful purpose.

No comments: