Saturday 1 April 2023

Incident in O'Brien Street

Incident in O'Brien Street

Today is a day for interesting occurrences which I feel are worth noting down.

I was driving my car, waiting on O'Brien Street to turn into Earl Street (which afterwards becomes Freemount Road). A large earth mover (Volvo, 4 wheels, hinged in the middle) turned left out of Earl Street. A car on O'Brien Street moved forward and blocked my turn into Earl Street. At first I was a little annoyed, but then the driver started gesticulating wildly a the driver of the pickup truck which was just about to follow the earth mover. There was a large piece of metal, invisible to the driver, which I suppose had fallen from the earth mover. The driver and passenger of the pick-up got out, retrieved the piece of metal and moved it to the side of the road. I exchanged friendly waves with the driver of the car which had blocked my path. He had done the right thing for all of us. He only had a moment to make the decision too. 

(17th September 2022)

No comments: